Retaining your best staff
How to support Schools
The Princes Trust's Business in the Community suggest six ways your business can take action on education as part of your Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Establish a long term, sustainable partnership with a school. Ensure this is rooted in the needs of the school and delivers on business priorities.
- Provide at least four experiences of the world of work. Four interventions by business reduces a young person's likelihood of becoming NEET by five times. Offer work experience.
- Invest in and support school staff. Business has a unique role to play in supporting schools to enhance and enrich the development of all school staff including teachers.
- Bring the world of work to life - provide opportunities for young people to understand career pathways and the skills and competencies to build successful working lives.
- Collaborate with other businesses - to benefit from their insight and work together to overcome common challenges.
- Be an inspiration. Develop an Employer Supported Volunteering programme. Offer employees coaching and mentoring opportunities with young people to enhance their own skills as well as supporting young people to reach their potential.
Connecting State Schools and Colleges with employers