From 1 April 2018 the following minimum living hourly wage applies:
• £3.70 - Apprentice under 19 or in first year of their apprenticeship
• £4.20 - Apprentice in second year aged 17-18
• £5.90 - Apprentice in their second year aged 19-20
• £7.38 - Apprentice in their second year aged 21-24
• £7.83 - Apprentice in their second year aged 25+
Find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/national-mi..
Apprentices must be paid for their normal working hours and this must include any time they spend at College.
Apprentices must be paid at least 20 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays and this must be detailed in their contract of employment.
Employers of apprentices under the age of 25 do not pay secondary Class 1 (employer) National Insurance contributions for their apprentice.