Three Rivers Business Forum
- Date: 25th January 2017
- Time: 8:00 - 12:00
- Location: The Theatre room, West Herts College, Hempstead Road, Watford. WD17 3EZ
Skills and training priorities
Round-table event for employers, support agencies and training providers
- Arrival, Breakfast and Networking
- Welcome, Introductions and Notes from last meeting- Cllr Stephen Giles- Medhurst, Three Rivers District Council
Presentation 1: Skills overview
- An overview of skills and qualifications in south- west Hertfordshire- Paul Witcombe, Hertfordshire LEP.
Presentation 2: Skillmakers
- Details of the recent launch of the Skillmakers partnership initiative to help improve skills provision in the area- Richard Moore, Skillmakers.
Presentation 3: Apprenticeships
- Update on recent reforms including the apprenticeship levy and the benefits for businesses- West Herts College Apprenticeship Team.
Open discussion/workshop addressing:
- How do we address skill ‘mismatches’ faced by employers; what are your priorities?
- How do we promote more apprenticeships in the area; how can we best work together on this?
Round up, close and future meetings